As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Theme wedding showers are a fun and creative way to celebrate the bride-to-be and her upcoming nuptials. Unlike traditional bridal showers, theme wedding showers focus on a specific aspect of the couple’s personality, interests, hobbies, or lifestyle. Theme wedding showers can be anything from a spa day, a wine tasting, a cooking class, a travel adventure, a movie night, or a garden party. The possibilities are endless!
Theme wedding showers have many benefits for both the host and the guests. They can make the planning process easier, as you have a clear direction for the invitations, decorations, food, games, and favors. They can also make the shower more memorable and enjoyable, as you can tailor the activities and gifts to suit the bride’s preferences and passions. Theme wedding showers can also help break the ice and spark conversations among guests who may not know each other well.
If you are thinking of hosting a theme wedding shower for your friend or family member who is getting married soon, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Choose a theme that reflects the bride’s personality and style. Think about what she likes to do, where she likes to go, what she likes to eat, or what she likes to wear. You can also consider her wedding theme or destination if she has one. For example, if she is having a beach wedding, you can throw a tropical-themed shower with pineapple cocktails, seashell crafts, and sandcastle cakes.
- Send out invitations that match the theme and set the tone for the shower. You can use online tools or templates to create your own invitations, or you can buy them from a party store or online shop. Make sure to include all the relevant information, such as the date, time, location, RSVP details, and gift registry. You can also add some hints or suggestions for the guests on what to wear or bring to fit the theme.
- Decorate the venue according to the theme and create a festive atmosphere. You can use balloons, banners, streamers, flowers, candles, or any other items that suit your theme. You can also make some DIY decorations using paper, fabric, or recycled materials. For example, if you are throwing a travel-themed shower, you can make some paper airplanes, maps, globes, or luggage tags as decorations.
- Prepare some food and drinks that match the theme and satisfy the guests’ appetites. You can either cater from a restaurant or make your own dishes at home. You can also ask some of the guests to bring some snacks or desserts to share. Try to choose food and drinks that are easy to serve and eat, and that complement your theme. For example, if you are throwing a spa-themed shower, you can serve some healthy salads, fruit smoothies, herbal teas, and mini cupcakes.
- Plan some games and activities that fit the theme and entertain the guests. You can either buy some ready-made games from a party store or online shop, or you can make your own games using paper, cards, or props. You can also hire some professionals or instructors to teach or demonstrate something related to your theme. For example, if you are throwing a wine-themed shower, you can hire a sommelier to lead a wine tasting session or teach some wine trivia.
- Give out some favors that match the theme and thank the guests for coming. You can either buy some ready-made favors from a party store or online shop, or you can make your own favors using paper,
#themeweddingshower, #bridalshowerthemes, #weddingshowerideas, #weddingshowertheme, #weddingshowerdecorations, #weddingshowerfavors
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.ca, Inc, or its affiliates.