A couples shower is a pre-wedding celebration where both the bride and groom are honored by their friends and family. Unlike a traditional bridal shower, which is usually attended by women only, a couples shower is open to guests of all genders and ages. Planning a couples shower can be a fun and creative way to celebrate the happy couple and their upcoming nuptials. Here are some steps to help you plan a successful couples shower:
- Choose a theme. A theme can help you set the tone and style of the shower, as well as make it easier to choose invitations, decorations, food, games and favors. You can choose a theme that reflects the couple’s interests, hobbies, personalities or wedding plans. For example, you can have a travel-themed shower if the couple loves to explore new places, or a garden-themed shower if they are having an outdoor wedding.
- Set a date and time. Ideally, you should plan the shower about two to four months before the wedding, so that it doesn’t conflict with other pre-wedding events or stress the couple out too much. You should also consult with the couple and their close family members to find a date and time that works for everyone. A couples shower can be held at any time of the day, depending on the theme and mood you want to create. For example, you can have a brunch shower in the morning, a cocktail party in the evening, or a barbecue in the afternoon.
- Make a guest list. A couples shower is usually more casual and inclusive than a bridal shower, so you can invite anyone who is close to the couple or who will be attending the wedding. However, you should still check with the couple before sending out invitations, to make sure you don’t leave anyone out or invite someone they don’t want to see. You should also consider the size and budget of the shower, and limit the guest list accordingly.
- Send out invitations. Once you have finalized the guest list, you should send out invitations about four to six weeks before the shower. You can choose invitations that match the theme and color scheme of the shower, or use online platforms like email or social media to invite guests. You should include all the essential information on the invitations, such as the date, time, location, theme, RSVP details and gift registry information (if applicable).
- Plan the menu and drinks. Depending on the theme and time of the shower, you can serve different types of food and drinks to suit the occasion. You can either cater the food from a restaurant or prepare it yourself, or ask guests to bring a dish to share (potluck style). You should also provide a variety of drinks, such as water, juice, soda, coffee, tea, wine, beer and cocktails. You can also have a cake or cupcakes for dessert, decorated with the couple’s names or initials.
- Decorate the venue. You can use various items to decorate the venue and create a festive atmosphere for the shower. You can use balloons, banners, streamers, flowers, candles, lanterns, photos and other props that match the theme and color scheme of the shower. You can also set up a table for gifts and cards, and a table for favors (if you are giving them out).
- Plan some games and activities. Games and activities can help break the ice and entertain guests at the shower. You can choose games that are fun, interactive and appropriate for guests of all ages and genders. For example, you can have trivia games about the couple’s relationship history or preferences, bingo games with wedding-related words or phrases, guessing games with items from the couple’s registry or personal belongings, or scavenger hunts with clues hidden around the venue. You can also have some activities that are creative and memorable, such as making a scrapbook with photos and messages from guests for the couple, or having guests write their best wishes or advice for the couple on cards or stones.
- Thank the guests and send them off with favors. At the end of the shower, you should thank all the guests for coming and for their gifts and participation. You should also give them favors as a token of appreciation and a reminder of the shower. Favors can be anything that is related to the theme or meaningful to the couple, such as candles, magnets, keychains, coasters or candy.
#WeddingPlanning #WeddingDirectory #WeddingTips #Weddings #unitytheweddingdirectory #unity #weddingdirectory #weddingplanner #weddinginspiration #weddingideas #couplesshower