The tradition of carrying the bride over the threshold is a symbolic gesture that dates back to ancient times. It has different origins and meanings depending on the culture and context. Some of the possible reasons for this custom are:
- To protect the bride from evil spirits that might lurk at the entrance of the new home.
- To signify the transfer of authority from the bride’s father to the groom.
- To demonstrate the groom’s strength and ability to provide for his wife.
- To avoid bad luck if the bride trips or stumbles while entering the house.
- To represent the bride’s reluctance to leave her parents’ home and join her husband’s family.
Today, many couples still practice this tradition as a playful and romantic gesture, without necessarily adhering to its historical or cultural significance. It is seen as a way to celebrate the start of their married life together and to express their love and affection for each other.
#WeddingPlanning #WeddingDirectory #WeddingTips #Weddings #unitytheweddingdirectory #unity #weddingdirectory #weddingplanner #weddinginspiration #weddingideas