As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bridal Shower: A Guide for the Bride-to-Be
A bridal shower is a pre-wedding celebration where the bride’s friends and family shower her with gifts, advice, and love. It’s also a chance for the bride to relax and have fun before the big day. But how do you plan a bridal shower? What are the etiquette rules? And what are some fun and creative ideas for themes, games, and favors? Here are some tips to help you plan a memorable bridal shower.
- Who hosts the bridal shower?
Traditionally, the maid of honor or a close friend of the bride hosts the bridal shower. However, anyone can host a bridal shower, as long as they coordinate with the bride and her wedding party. The host is responsible for choosing the date, time, location, theme, guest list, invitations, food, drinks, games, and favors for the bridal shower.
- When should you have the bridal shower?
The bridal shower should be held about two to six weeks before the wedding. This gives enough time for the bride to enjoy the event without being too stressed about the wedding preparations. However, you should also consider the availability of the bride and her guests, especially if they live out of town or have busy schedules.
- Where should you have the bridal shower?
The bridal shower can be held at any place that suits the theme and budget of the event. Some popular options are:
- The host’s home: This is a cozy and intimate option that allows for more flexibility and personalization. However, it also requires more work for the host in terms of cleaning, decorating, and catering.
- A restaurant or cafe: This is a convenient and hassle-free option that provides a professional service and a variety of food and drink options. However, it also requires more planning and reservation in advance, and may have some restrictions on space and time.
- A hotel or spa: This is a luxurious and relaxing option that offers a pampering experience for the bride and her guests. However, it also requires more budget and coordination with the venue staff, and may not be suitable for large groups or games.
- An outdoor venue: This is a fun and scenic option that allows for more creativity and activities. However, it also requires more preparation and backup plans in case of bad weather or other issues.
- What should be the theme of the bridal shower?
The theme of the bridal shower should reflect the personality and preferences of the bride. It should also match the tone and style of the wedding. Some popular themes are:
- Tea party: This is a classic and elegant theme that features delicate china, floral arrangements, scones, sandwiches, cakes, and tea. You can also add some fun elements like hats, gloves, pearls, or trivia games.
- Garden party: This is a fresh and colorful theme that features greenery, flowers, fruits, salads, lemonade, and cocktails. You can also add some fun elements like flower crowns, gardening tools, or scavenger hunts.
- Beach party: This is a tropical and casual theme that features sand, shells, palm trees, seafood, smoothies, and margaritas. You can also add some fun elements like sunglasses, flip flops, beach balls, or limbo games.
#bridalshower, #bridetobe, #bridesmaids, #weddingplanning, #weddinginspiration, #weddingdecor, #weddinggifts
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.ca, Inc, or its affiliates.